Sunday, June 10, 2012

Daphne's Aikido exam 3rd Kyu

On Sunday June 3 we headed to the dojo for my 3rd Kyu Aikido exam. After lots of training and practising, (and waking up early to train before school) I learned many new techniques and was able to improve after my 4th kyu exam. So I decided to take my 3rd Kyu examination. 

At the time of the examination I was of course very nervous, but fortunately everything went well. And when the lists of people who past the examination was put on the notice board at the dojo on Tuesday, my name was on there as well: I passed my 3rd Kyu examination! I was very happy to receive my new diploma.
List of people who passed their examination
My 3rd Kyu Aikido diploma
After passing the 3rd Kyu exam, it is customary in the hombu dojo that women start wearing a hakama during training. So, I also ordered my own hakama, and was very excited when it arrived in the mail this weekend! On it, there is my name in Japanese embroidered (in pink (^-^) !)

This weekend I have practised putting it on (which is actually difficult, and takes quite some time! I think I will have to wake up even earlier to make it on time to the training now), and tomorrow will be my first time training in it. I'm very much looking forward to it, although I'm also a little anxious that it will be quite difficult to train with a hakama. I hope I will not be clumsy and don't stumble in it..
I will now also start taking lessons at the 3rd floor of the dojo, where the regular classes are held, so I hope I will be able to improve a lot and learn many new techniques.
 
My folded hakama
My folded hakama with my name

No comments:

Post a Comment